For maps is referred to the map
room of TU Delft. Here you can also access the TOP10NL maps
in DWG format. TOP50
and TP10 in other formats are only accessible via TU Delft and VPN
login system. The map room has a
paper collection of nautical maps. Tthe site topotijdreis provides topographic maps of the
Netherlands from 1815 (so, including the latest version).
A detailed elevation map of the Netherlands is available via ahn.nl For the height of an individual location, use the postcodetool. One can make profiles inside the elevation map, using the profile tool.
For all kind of land use in the Netherlands a central access point is pdok (Publieke Dienstverlening op de Kaart), giving information about administrative boundaries, habitats, agriculture, infrastructure etc.). For assessment of risks in the Netherlands info can be found at the Risicokaart.
On-line hydrographic maps are available via various websites.
- A nice website with an on-line hydrographic map of the world can be found at: https://webapp.navionics.com .
- Several European organisations have produced https://portal.emodnet-bathymetry.eu/. This site is limited to European waters, but has also the option to generate profiles. Especially in combination with Swan this is an interesting option.
- An open source hydrographic chart is https://map.openseamap.org.
- Hydrographic maps from NOAA (US waters) are available. You get a list of all maps. Click on the map and you see a small copy. You can zoom in until the required resolution
Picture Gallery of the department hydraulic engineering
Database with pictures owned by the Department of Hydraulic Engineering,available under a Creative Commons License
Book with pictures of all aspects of European Coasts
Aerial pictures from 1990
Aerial pictures from 1994
Video and filmclips
Database with videos to be used in education
Old Drawings and maps
many scans of old (and recent) maps of rivers in NW Europe via Wildernis.eu
Overview of some high resolution scans
Website with old Dutch topographic maps (1815-present)
Access to many antique mapservers: oldmapsonline
Old drawings and paintings
search using "Europeana"
search in "Atlas van Stolk"
- searching for dike (dijk, Deich, not Van Dijk, but including "Dijk, ....van")
- searching for breakwater (havenhoofd, brise lame, wellenbrecher)
- keywords can be dijk*, dijkdoorbraak, watersnood